Blessed! That's the word that leaps into my head as I type this, thinking of each of you, scanning your faces in my mind. How blessed Jeff and I are to have such loyal friends and partners in ministry like you. Your friendship, financial and prayer support of this ministry has been a tremendous encouragement to us.
Can you believe it’s already February 2011? Where did January go? And where did February go? Seven weeks… phoof… vanished! And next week is March already! Time passes at such a blazing speed. It seems like it was just yesterday when I heard my parents crying over the news my doctors had given, "Your little girl will never walk and we don't expect her to live past 8 years old." What a horrible blow that was to my little 5 year old heart. But God had a purpose for my life and He proved it once again as I celebrated my 44th birthday last week (or was it two weeks ago)! I'm so thankful! Thankful for another year ... another year to love, another year to serve, and another year to shine the light of Christ across the Globe!
Speaking of serving, here’s a brief update to bring you up to speed on what’s happening with our ministry:
• The wheels of our van are constantly on the move as I continue to maintain a moderately full speaking schedule here in the States. In the weeks ahead, I’ll be speaking at churches, schools, youth groups, at a pastor’s conference and at the National Guard Youth Challenge Program!
• In January, Jeff and I began doing Hospital Visitation in partnership with Christ Fellowship, our home church. We love it and we're making a great impact ministering one-on-one to people experiencing times of physical crisis.
• Plans to minister in Brazil this June have been finalized! We'll be serving in two cities this time, Porto Alegre & Espirito Santo!
• To date, our monthly support is at 68% of what is actually needed for our living expenses. We're almost where we need to be, but we still need more people to partner with us on a monthly basis.
• My health remains stable although I’ve encountered a dose of new challenges. All in all, my doctors continue to be 100% supportive of my busy travel schedule and continue to encourage our overseas mission work. Thank you Jesus!
Please lift us in prayer as we travel from city to city. We are humbled by the many ministry opportunities that continue to come our way and are most grateful that God is allowing us to participate in the work He is doing in the lives of others. Pray that we’ll be a source of blessing and encouragement everywhere we go. Pray also for me and my health. Jeff and I realize that we only have a window of time to do what God has called us to do. Pray for us to finish raising our support soon so we can devote all our time to the ministry. We want to continue going while I’m still physically able and time is truly of the essence.
In His Strength,
Posted by Bernadette at February 21, 2011 10:47 AM